Who we are
RePollinate is registered with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (SC048667)
We are serious about protecting the personal information we hold. This privacy notice sets out how we will use data acquired through our website, who we will share it with, how we secure it and the rights of the individuals whose data we hold.
For further information about our privacy policies please contact us:
PO Box 28645
What personal data we collect and why we collect it:
RePollinate is committed to protecting your personal information, so when you contact us we want you to be confident about how your personal information will be looked after and used.
We collect information from you in the following ways:
When you interact with us directly: This could be if you ask us about our activities, register with us, make a donation to us, apply for a job or volunteering opportunity or otherwise provide us with your personal information. This includes when you phone us, visit our website, or get in touch through the post, or in person.
When you interact with us through third parties: This could be if you provide a donation through a third party such as JustGiving, Paypal or one of the other third parties that we work with and provide your consent for your personal information to be shared with us.
Information we collect and how we use it:
Personal information we collect may include details such as your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit/debit card details (if you are making a donation), as well as information you provide in any communications between us. You will have given us this information whilst making a donation, registering for an event, or ask us about our activities or any of the other ways you interact with us.
We will use this information to:
- Provide you with advice, information or product that you have asked for
- Fulfil a contract
- Understand how we can improve our services and information
- Provide you with information about our plans: including fundraising initiatives if you have given consent
- Keep a record of your relationship with us; keep your information up-to-date and accurate and to ensure we comply with your communication preferences
- Administer your donation and support your fundraising
- Send you fundraising updates and appeals we think might be of interest to you if you have given your consent
- Help us to ensure that our communications to you are relevant
- Undertake analysis and statistical reporting. Where we undertake this activity the data is usually anonymised unless and except we have advised and confirmed this with you in advance
- Segment our databases (for example by geographical or demographical information) to help us to target our resources more effectively and to provide an improved experience to people who choose to support us.
Legal basis for using your information:
Where consent is the appropriate legal basis for using your personal information we will use this only once we have your consent for the specific reason you have engaged with us.
There are other lawful reasons that allow us to process your personal information and one of those is called ‘legitimate interests’. This means that the reason that we are processing information is that there is a legitimate interest for RePollinate to process your information.
Whenever we process your personal information under the ‘legitimate interest’ lawful basis we make sure that we take into account your rights and interests and will not process your personal information if we feel that there is an imbalance.
Some examples of where we have a legitimate interest to process your personal information are where we contact you about our work via post, use your personal information for data analytics, or for conducting research to better understand who our supporters are, improving our services, or for our legal purposes (for example, dealing with complaints and claims).
How we keep your information safe
We ensure that there are appropriate technical, physical and organisational measures in place to protect your personal information both online and off-line.
Information that we hold on you will be stored securely and only be kept as long as is reasonable and necessary, and in-line with any statutory obligations placed on RePollinate. The length of time we keep your information will depend on the reason why we have been or are processing your information.
Who we share your data with
The personal information we collect about you will be used by our staff (and volunteers) at RePollinate so that they can support you.
We may share your information:
- Where we engage a third party to deliver a service on our behalf (for example mailchimp or survey monkey), only required data will be shared. This will be in line with data protection legislation. They will hold your information securely and retain it for the period we instruct
- Where you have chosen to share your story to help further our work and you have given your explicit consent we may share sensitive information in materials promoting our services or fundraising work or in specific documents
- We may be required to share personal data with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations
- In circumstances other than those noted above, RePollinate will not share your information with any other organisation for marketing, market research, fundraising or commercial purposes
What rights you have over your data
You have a right to:
- Request to see the personal information we hold about you (We may require proof of identity before we provide you with this information or make changes)
- Request that inaccurate information about you be corrected
- Change your ‘opt-in’ preferences
- Unsubscribe from email communications